Entertainment and Talent inquiries please email submissions to GPeterson@chicagoevents.com.
Vending/Exhibitor space inquiries, contact 773-584-6633 or email@example.com.
Staging and Equipment Services inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org at 773-584-6642.
Special Events Management is currently looking for the following candidates to join our team. If you’re interested, please follow the directions listed below.
The responsibilities of the Event Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Committed to working on-site at event locations as needed. This includes both Running Events and Festivals.
- Will cooperate with other event manager’s as a resource and as an additional staff supervisor during events.
- Learn the internal traits of an Event Coordinator by managing mid-size events which will be a combination of both Running Events and Festivals.
PRIMARY JOB – ADMINISTRATIVE:
- Works with event managers to learn about managing events and clients.
- Develops/Builds/Edits existing event platforms for logistics.
- Maintains and creates working budgets for event projects.
- Gives weekly detailed reports (with separate breakdowns for each event) at staff and manager meetings for each project assigned
- Reviews and submits applications for permits required for client projects as required by local government.
- Submits permits to the City of Chicago or other municipalities for review and approval no less than 90 days prior to event. Permits include City of Chicago and State of Illinois Liquor License Applications.
- Organizes and maintains event binder (for use in office and onsite); including vendor orders, labor charts, service providers, permits, insurance, any other supporting documentation necessary to support the event.
- Offers assistance and insight to Event Managers and helps develop site layout plans for event sites.
- Helps to incorporate all participating sponsors into the events.
- Makes administrative calls and write letters to municipalities and community groups as needed.
- Create a friendly and professional relationship with client.
- Service all inquiries by phone or e-mail politely, professionally in a timely fashion within four hours of being contacted.
- Regularly responds to phone calls and e-mails from clients and staff.
- Must be comfortable speaking to large groups/committees.
BUDGETARY & FINANCIAL:
- Manages billing and invoices for any services used at the event and creates a purchase order for goods and services purchased prior to event.
- Responsible for submitting Check Requests to accounting for vendor deposits as needed.
- Scans in copies of documents related to each project for future or internal reference.
- Manages each client/project, including:
- Correct spelling of first and last name
- Primary contact/Decision maker (if any)
- Complete mailing address
- Email Address
- Multiple phone numbers including Home, Business, Cell , Fax, On-Site Contact and Emergency Contact
- Creates a timeline and working budget for each event project assigned.
- Assist other event manager mangers with planning and execution of logistics.
- Creates on-site load list from equipment inventory to be sent to the event site.
- DURING EVENT:
- Manages assigned portions of each event as provided by event managers.
- Be on alert to help others and pitch in where necessary.
- Continuously working on event projects throughout the year.
- Suggesting new ideas and improvement to current operating systems.
If you’re interested in this position, please send your resume along with a short cover letter to Hank@chicagoevents.com.
Seasonal Event Opportunities
Do you enjoy being outdoors? Special Events Management is hiring part-time seasonal staff to perform such duties as gate donation collection and beverage servers. This is traditionally weekend work that starts mid-morning and can end as late as midnight. If you’re interested in joining our team, please send your resume, along with a short cover letter, to: email@example.com.
Music Bookings (now CLOSED for 2019)
We will start accepting submissions on November 1st, 2019 for the 2020 season!
Please follow the format below when submitting your band.
It is mandatory that all information requested below be in your email in order to be considered. Due to the large amount of submissions, we do not take submissions but phone, only by email. Thanks!
- 2018 Chicago headline history (Dates/Venues/Draw)
- 2018 Chicago support situations (Dates/Venues/Support for ??)
- 2018 Festival performances (Dates/Festivals)
- Facebook Link (we are looking for a minimum of 1,000 followers/likes)
- Instagram followers
- Twitter followers
- Website link
- YouTube video links
- Pricing (range)
- Set Length
- Sample set list
- What sets your band apart from others?
Email this information to: Gehrig Peterson, our Music Director at GPeterson@chicagoevents.com
If there is an interest in having you perform at any of our events, we will contact you. NO phone calls please. Please note that we take every submission seriously and will review all materials and research your band.
IF INTERESTED IN AN INTERNSHIP WITH SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGEMENT, PLEASE EMAIL A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org
The Special Events Management internship program is designed to introduce students to all aspects of event production and management within the different types of events that are produced by our company. These events include, but are not limited to charity runs and walks, community fairs and festivals, outdoor concerts and Olympic sanctioned cycling national championships. Our interns gain a valuable understanding of many different aspects within an event and how they all interact with one another to produce the special event.
Interns will assist with event planning, permit requests, vendor relations, event liability insurance, event supplies, sponsorship fulfillment, event marketing, entertainment production, database management, venue and site development and so much more. Our Interns learn about implementing media and promotional programs that are tied to media and corporate sponsors. They will interface with corporate clients, vendors, Mayor’s Office of Special Events, City of Chicago Departments and the Chicago Park District, as well as other village departments and cities that the events take place within. Our interns walk away with all of the real experience that our event mangers face on a daily basis. However, be prepared to work hard, work long hours (some office calls for our weekend events begin as early as 2:00AM) and manage numerous tasks at once. This is not a job for those who just want an easy 9am to 5pm, Monday-Friday job, as this is nothing close to that.
Work schedule is seven days a week. Please be prepared for that. Monday through Friday is usually in the office (or at events if needed) AND Saturday & Sundays are at events as needed. The internship is paid; however, Interns are responsible for their own housing, transportation and living expense.
Internships are available during the spring, summer and fall semesters. All majors are accepted and welcomed. We are flexible with dates, but the normal is as follows: Spring Interns usually work January through April/May. Applicants are accepted beginning on September 15 through November 15. Summer Interns work May/June through August/September (some schools differ slightly and that is fine). We begin accepting applicants on February 1 through March 30. Fall Interns work August/September through December. Applicants are accepted beginning May 1 through July 15.
To be considered for the internship, please submit the following via e-mail to, email@example.com (please no phone calls):
Your current resume and a Cover Letter containing why you would like to participate in the Internship Program at Special Event Management, as well as your start and end dates for your internship.
Attention vendors – you may download vending applications for our summer festivals from each event’s web page and in the vendor section (click the ‘Vendor’ tab on the top of this page).
Exhibitors and Vendors should contact firstname.lastname@example.org at 773-584-6642.
Corporations, chain stores, franchise companies, product brands, field marketing and promotional companies, marketing agencies, public relation firms and all their respective clients including free giveaways and sampling are considered SPONSORS, and must contact Norine Smyth at 312-799-0354 or Laura Wilke at 773-584-6669.
Looking to produce a special event? Looking for management of your existing event? Contact Hank Zemola at 773-584-6623 or email@example.com.
2221 West 43rd Street
Chicago, IL 60609
Phone: (773) 868-3010
Fax: (773) 868-0425
To contact us, please fill out the form below and click “Send Message”.