|Date:||Friday, August 25 - Sunday, August 27|
|Time:||Friday: 4pm to 11pm; Saturday & Sunday: Noon to 11pm|
|Location:||400 S. Halsted St. @ Van Buren
400 S. Halsted St.
|Beneficiary:||Greektown Chamber of Commerce|
Hellenic pride will take center stage when this acclaimed annual culinary fest on Halsted Street in Chicago’s happening West Loop returns for its 28th year. As most Chicagoans know, this strip of Halsted has been the epicenter of the city’s acclaimed Greek restaurant scene for decades. Quite simply, Taste of Greektown is a romantic weekend celebration for lovers of Mediterranean culture.
Blending Old World traditions with a 21st century freshness, the tantalizing food and spirits from neighborhood eateries will again be the main attraction. There will also be plenty of music and entertainment including Greek bands and games for both kids and families. Opa!
2016 Participating Restaurants
- Artopolis (www.artopolischicago.com): This bakery and café opened nearly two decades ago to bring a true Eurpoean-style café to Chicago. They bring today's technologies together with passion and experience to produce a variety of fresh-baked offerings to be savored.
- Athena Greek Restaurant (www.athenarestaurantchicago.com): Since it was established in 1997, Athena has provided customers with excellent quality Greek cuisine. In an effort to guide patrons through a journey full of flavors, Athena has become the medium between ancient Greek traditions and the modern Western World.
- Mr. Greek Gyros (www.mrgreekgyros.com): This 24-hour neighborhood hotspot has been a go-to place for tried-and-true both Greek and American foods for years.
- 9 Muses Bar & Grill (www.9museschicago.com): This eatery's hospitality is a nod to the Mediterranean way of life. This includes use of the finest quality ingredients emphasizing prime cut meats, pure virgin olive oil, Kalamata olives, fresh-hand-rubbed oregano, imported cheeses and Mediterranean sea salt.
- Parthenon (www.theparthenon.com): "Dine Like Gods' is what this Greektown mainstay that opened in 1968 proudly touts to customers. What founder Chris Liakouras began with his brother, Bill, is taken to a new level by Chris' daughter Yanna, along with co-partner and Chef Sotiris Stasinos who is always adding new dishes to the lengthy menu.
- Roditys Restaurant (www.roditys.com): It's all about tradition and family at this Greektown culinary pillar that for more than four decades has been under the same ownership and at the same location. Cozy, warm, friendly, unpretentious and authentic are among the kudos when it comes to praising Roditys among their legions of loyal customers.
- Santorini (www.santorinichicago.com): This restaurant proudly takes more than just its name from the idyllic Greek island in the Aegean Sea. Above and beyond Mediterranean hospitality, owner Kontos is proud of his restaurant's emphasis on seafood. The menu contains more than 20 seafood options flown in fresh daily. Hallmark entrees include Greek-style whole red snapper and whole Black Sea bass.
- Spectrum Bar & Grill (www.spectrumbarandgrill.com): Opened over a quarter century ago by a young Greek Cypriot, Andreas, and his brother, Angelo, from the far-away island of Cyprus, the siblings created both a sports bar as well as home for great food and cocktails. Spectrum give customers a friendly neighborhood experience with a menu that combines Greek, American and, of course, Cypriot influences.
- Zeus Restaurant (www.zeusgyros.com): Be it breakfast on a weekday, lunch and dinner or late hours on weekends, Zeus is a popular neighborhood mainstay that prides itself in a diverse menu where Greek dishes are by far the most popular with customers.
Marketing & Sponsorship Opportunities
Discount Parking with SpotHero
SpotHero is the nation’s leading parking reservation app to book convenient and affordable parking, whether it’s for an event, commute to work or even airport parking.
To reserve your parking spot for this event, visit the Taste of Greektown SpotHero Parking Page and book a spot with rates up to 50% off drive-up. You can also use SpotHero to park all over Chicago – learn more here.